June 2 - June 8, 2013
- On Tuesday, June 4, 2013 at approximately 10:01 PM, an officer was dispatched to Michael Lane for a dog running at large. A resident advised the dog was on their back patio and growls and barks at them when they try to exit the residence. The officer, being familiar with several similar calls in the past, went directly to a residence on Middle Ridge Road where a dog fitting the description given by the complainant has been found before. Upon arrival the officer made contact with a female who advised one of her son's dogs is missing and he is out looking for it. As the officer started to tell her the dog was over on Michael Lane, the dog arrived home, sniffed at the officer, growled and barked a couple of times, then entered the residence. Marlene Wilson, age 41 of Amherst, was issued a citation for Dog at Large. Ms. Wilson had previously been cited for the same thing on 12-4-12 by the same officer.
- On Tuesday, June 4, 2013 at 11:45 PM, an officer was dispatched to the area of State Route 58 near Cleveland Avenue in reference to the occupants of a vehicle throwing smoke bombs out of the vehicle while driving down the road. The complainant advised he observed the passenger of the vehicle throw a single smoke bomb out the window at numerous businesses on State Route 58. Near Cooper Foster Park Road, at the intersection of SR 58 at the Rock Creek Run, and 2 at the intersection of SR 58 and Cleveland Avenue. The officer was able to locate the vehicle at the intersection of SR 58 and SR 113. As the officer pulled behind the vehicle the passenger threw another smoke bomb out of the window. A traffic stop was initiated and an investigation conducted. A juvenile male, age 17 of Berlin Heights, was cited into Juvenile court for Disorderly Conduct and Littering from a Motor Vehicle. Corey Sittinger, age 18 of South Amherst, was cited for Disorderly Conduct and Littering from a Motor Vehicle. Sittinger stated he was just having fun. He did not see a problem with his actions even after the dangers he caused to other drivers was explained to him.
- On Wednesday, June 5, 2013, officers took two reports of thefts from unlocked vehicles in driveways on Hamilton St. and Dane St. The victim on Dane St. advised sometime between 0000 and 1000 this morning his vehicle was entered. His vehicle had been left unlocked. They saw no signs of forced entry.
- On Hamilton St. the victim stated his vehicle was entered between the hours of 0300 hrs. and 0730 hrs. June 5, 2013. Forced entry was not used as the right rear passenger door does not lock. Cash and GPS were taken.
- On Thursday, June 6, at 02:25 PM, an officer was dispatched to South Lake Street in regards to a theft from vehicle complaint. It was learned between the hours of 07:00AM and 02:15PM, the back window of a vehicle was smashed out and items taken. There were no witnesses to this incident.