May 19 - May 25, 2013
- On Sunday, May 19, 2013, at 08:00 PM, officers were dispatched to Hazel Street in reference to a neighbor dispute. Neighbors were yelling and pushing each other in the front yard. While en route, dispatch further advised they were standing in the street in each other's faces. Upon arrival the two males were standing in the middle of the street face to face arguing. Officers spoke to the males separately and one of the males was highly intoxicated. Officers were able to diffuse the situation and both males were advised of their actions. At approximately 09:19 PM, officers had to return to the residence for one of the males causing a disturbance again. Brian Szucs, age 27 of Amherst, was ultimately charged with Disorderly Conduct by Intoxication.
- On Monday, May 20, 2013 at 01:16 AM, an officer observed a vehicle being operated with an equipment violation. A traffic stop was initiated and an investigation conducted. Jeremy Roldan, age 19 of Lorain, was charged with Possession of Marijuana and Underage Consumption. A female juvenile, age 16 of Lorain, was charged with No Driver's License. Another female juvenile, age 16 of Lorain was turned over to another agency on a warrant. The parties were transported to the police department lobby where they were later picked up by a parent.
- On Monday, May 20, 2013, at approximately 03:41 PM, a staff member from the Amherst High School arrived at the Amherst Police Department to advise officers of a somewhat odd occurrence at Amherst High School that morning. A male was seen wearing an odd costume. An investigation was completed and it was determined that extra patrol would be provided for the Amherst High School until the end of the school year. It was later determined the incident was a senior prank.
- On Wednesday, May 22, 2013, at 07:02 PM, officers were dispatched to East Street in reference to a neighbor dispute. Officers spoke with a homeowner who advised his neighbor argues with him about his fence which he claims is on his property. The homeowner advised he had to call police because his neighbor was highly intoxicated and actually jumped on the fence and was shaking it violently. An investigation was conducted with the neighbor who was found to be intoxicated and became very disorderly. Anthony Holbrook, age 47 of Amherst, was subsequently arrested and charged with Disorderly Conduct by Intoxication and Disorderly Conduct Persisting.
- On Friday, May 24, 2013, at 12:24 AM, an officer on patrol on State Route 58 observed a vehicle being operated with an equipment violation. A traffic stop was initiated and an investigation conducted. A male juvenile, age 17 of Lorain, was cited for Possession of Marijuana, Possession of Drug Paraphernalia and Display of Plates.
- On Friday, May 24, 2013, an officer was dispatched to Axtel St. in regards to a parking problem. A resident reported her 19 year old son had been threatened with violence by a tenant in the adjoining apartment. The threat was made concerning a parking problem at the apartments. The male in the adjoining apartment claimed he was threatened by the 19 year olds father who drove to the scene just to confront him. All parties were advised to contact the police department should they have further parking problems. All parties were advised on making threats to the other.
- On Friday, May 25, 2013 at 12:02 AM, an officer on patrol near a business on North Leavitt Road, observed a vehicle being operated by a suspended driver. A traffic stop was initiated and an investigation conducted. Danzell A. Rudolph, age 20 of Akron, was cited for Driving under Suspension and Possession of Marijuana.